Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Is this the real life?

Bohemian Rhapsody

"Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide no escape from reality
Open your eyes look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows
Doesn't really matter to me, to me"
I share so much of myself on Facebook and I wonder if that is good thing or not.  Next year will mark ten years since the store I worked at closed and left me unemployed.  I set three goals: start a blog, go on a creative retreat and open an etsy shop.  Facebook gives me a chance to look back and see how these ten years were SO FULL.  I am at this point in my life: do I just step back or do I step up?  Well, I am going to step up and really embrace where my life is right now. I will try to do more blogging and less Facebook.  So, I hope you follow my blog by email.  How I blog has changed so much, but that is good.  I would like to do simpler posts  with one picture and just some thoughts.  How life is working on a dream, and how to embrace it when it is going right.  What brings us joy, and how we keep joy in our heart.  No politics!!!!!  Just like a Hallmark movie!!!!  Goodness and how goodness comes from those we love.  There are some really important lessons the company named Hallmark has given me.  Did you know I always wanted to do something in life relating to greeting cards?  I always considered Hallmark to be the big guy, the ultimate!  Did you know the year before we had children we took a whole summer to where we might relocate to start new careers?  Kansas City was one of the top three, and Hallmark was a big part of that for me. So, back to the life of a greeting card.  I thought greeting card companies were doomed in the 1990's. I was glad I made a decision not to make that career choice and we stayed in the area and were blessed with twins.  The first software I bought for our first gateway computer in 1998 was the Hallmark greeting card maker.  I really thought no one would be buying greeting cards anymore.  So, what is my point to all of this?  Last year I started watching the Hallmark channel and I am hooked!!!! Why????  Oh, there are so many reasons.  But, I truly believe in those; fairy tales, Disney movies and Hallmark shows, we all deserve a happy ending, no matter who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment